Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kicken Chicken Stew

5 Frozen Chicken Breasts (or 20 frozen Chicken Tenders)
1 16 ounce jar Salsa Verde
2 cans Black Beans
1 can Sweet Corn
1 can Diced Tomatos with no salt
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 small (3 oz) package of cream cheese


Directions

Place frozen chicken breasts or tenders in bottom of slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours. At this point I remove about 1/2 the liquid because I like my sauce thick, like a stew. You can leave all the liquid if you want a "soup". Add cream cheese, cook on warm setting for 30 minutes, then stir.
This can be served over rice or wrapped in flour tortillas

--->I didnt have any salsa verde so I just added regular salsa to it instead..

I am not a stew/soup kind of person, so drain off as much liquid as I could... and served it in tortillas like a burrito... OH MY GOODNESS SO FABULOUS!! DD LOVED IT!!! and I did too!!!

No comments: